01 What personal information do we collect?
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for one of our websites or online services. You may supply the information directly to us or indirectly by using your credentials from third parties such as LinkedIn or Facebook. This information typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data. We may append information from other sources, such as Google Analytics, to supplement what you give us. We do, on occasion, obtain or license contact information from third parties for limited marketing purposes, such as maintaining an accurate marketing database.
We gather date, time and certain additional information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We may use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences. When you submit information through a form on one of our websites, we capture and store your IP address and email address. We use this information for website personalization purposes.
02 How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information we collect to:
- provide and administer our services;
- understand our audience and improve how our websites work;
- contact you and answer your questions;
- market and advertise our products and services to you;
- allow you to publish comments and participate in professional web-based forums;
- keep our systems, users, employees and services safe
- provide you with the information or support you requested.
03 How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for so long as is necessary considering the purpose for which it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. The criteria we use to determine the period for which your personal information may be kept include:
- the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
- the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us; and
- necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you have requested.
We may retain your data for as long as needed in order to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
04 How do we share your personal information?
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties, including:
- other members of Iron Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- service providers, vendors, professional advisors and other third-parties that work on our behalf;
- public and governmental authorities, and, law enforcement agencies when we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us;
- to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or merger of our company or business assets.
05 Where do we keep your personal information?
We collect, store, and process information on servers around the world and may access that information globally. If you are located in the European Union, please note that your personal information may be transferred out of, or stored outside, the European Economic Area. The privacy protections in these jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to be protected through adequate safeguards, copies of which are available from us on request at the email address below.
06 How do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?
The bulk of the personal data we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with which we have an existing business relationship. We may also obtain contact information from public sources, including content made public at social media websites, to make an initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
Our targeted direct marketing e-mail messages typically include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from us, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Like most companies, Iron Systems, Inc. (its subsidiaries and affiliates) use customer relationship management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personal data belonging to individuals at our client and other companies with whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one. If you wish to be excluded from our CRM databases, please contact us on shared email addresses.
07 How can you stop marketing communication being sent to you?
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data, or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in e-mails we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you, or to have your personal data removed from our customer relationship management (CRM) databases at any time by contacting us. In such cases, we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again.
08 How do we safeguard your personal information?
We use a range of security measures to protect your personal information. Please be aware, however, that Iron cannot guarantee that third parties will safeguard your personal information in a similar manner. Unencrypted information – including information sent via E-mail – may also be able to be read by third parties. As a user of our services, you are responsible for protecting the information you provide, including user name and passwords, from misuse, by encryption or other means.
09 What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
You are entitled (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law) to:
- Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of that personal data.
- Request a rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Iron Systems, Inc. (or its subsidiaries and affiliates) no longer processes your personal data.
- Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Iron Systems, Inc. (or its subsidiaries and affiliates) only processes your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent.
- Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to Iron Systems, Inc. (or its subsidiaries and affiliates), or request us to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
If you have any questions about your rights, please email us at email@example.com or alternately you can also contact your local Data Protection Authority.
10 How will we update this Policy?
11 Other important information
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by Iron Systems, Inc. (its subsidiaries and affiliates). We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites.
Our websites and offerings are directed to people in their business or professional capacities.
They are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit information online from, or market online to, children under 13 years of age.
We process personal information on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, but this will not affect any prior processing of your personal information.
12 How can you contact us about this Policy?